Join Our Squadron and Get a FREE Warbird Ride!*
Become a Member of the Commemorative Air Force and Spirit of Tulsa Squadron.
Membership in the Spirit of Tulsa Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force is open to anyone who has an interest in helping us continue our mission of keeping our WWII warbirds flying. In order to join our unit, you must join the national Commemorative Air Force first.
The Spirit of Tulsa Squadron meets on Saturday mornings at the Tulsa Technology Center hangar at Jones Riverside Airport to work on our aircraft, conduct rides during ride season and have our monthly Squadron Meetings.
- Aircraft restoration
- Fundraiser planning and event volunteering
- Assisting with our ride program
- Marshalling for our ride program
- Flying our warbirds (qualified pilots only)
- Attending monthly squadron meetings
Are you a Pilot? You Could Qualify to Fly Our Warbirds!
If you are a certificated pilot and meet our qualifications, you may be eligible to fly our warbirds! We are actively looking for pilots to volunteer their time and fly rides on Saturdays throughout the year. You must be a Colonel-level member of both the national CAF and our Spirit of Tulsa Squadron in order to qualify to fly our warbirds.
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer pilot, fill out our membership form or email us at email@example.com and we'll get in touch with you.
Commemorative Air Force Colonel Membership
1. Join the Commemorative Air Force First.
In order to be a member of the Spirit of Tulsa Squadron, you must first become a Colonel-level member of the Commemorative Air Force national organization. When you join, you will -
- Receive a CAF name tag, wings and commission certificate
- Fly in CAF aircraft on a space-available basis as qualified crew
- Receive the monthly member magazine Dispatch
- Receive CAF GiftShop discounts
- Be eligible to join the Spirit of Tulsa Squadron and receive all of its benefits
Spirit of Tulsa Squadron Annual Membership
2. Join the Spirit of Tulsa Squadron.
Once you've joined the Commemorative Air Force national organization, you are eligible to join our Spirit of Tulsa Squadron unit and receive these benefits -
- One FREE ride in a Spirit of Tulsa Squadron aircraft*
- Opportunities to fly in other CAF aircraft on a space- or needs- available basis as qualified crew
- Free ground school sessions for our aircraft
- Opportunities for hands-on, supervised restoration work on our aircraft
- Free Spirit of Tulsa T-Shirt
* to receive a free ride, you must be an active participant in Spirit of Tulsa Squadron activities and events – and must attend at least 6 squadron meetings per year. Warbird rides are given to qualifying members at the end of our ride season (late October).